World Travel: Top 7 Most Traveled To Cities in The World in 2014
Topics: Frugal Traveler
The Top 7 Most Visited Cities in the World For 2014
Where the most people are visiting this year
Ready to travel the globe and don’t even know where to begin? While it is always tough to choose a starting point, these are the most popular places for travelers in the world. As you will see, most of these cities simply don’t have much in common, and it is that what makes them special.
7) Dubai – Dubai is simply growing at a huge rate and with that travel to Dubai is growing with it. Dubai is easily the most traveled to destination I the Middle East and Africa and it won’t be very long before it moves higher up this list. Dubai still has just massive amounts of construction going on and has the tallest building in the world, The Burj Khalifa.
6) Istanbul– Istanbul is just one of those places in the right location which makes it even more popular. Istanbul is the perfect crossover for Europe and Asia and while at ties some feel travel there can be unsafe, it has a growing nightlife and entertainment scene. Of course you also can’t forget the picturesque views that seem to be everywhere.
5) New York City– It seems tough to make one of these lists talking about the most or the biggest when it comes to cities without New York making the list and it makes it here again as the only representative in North America. New York is one of the most diverse cities in the world from top to bottom and they seem to offer something for everyone.
4) Singapore – Singapore is also the world’s most expensive city but that doesn’t stop people from flocking there. Singapore is a shoppers paradise with plenty of malls at the aforementioned top prices. Singapore simply has a lot to offer in the cultural scene as well as one of those places the foodies won’t want to miss.
3) Paris – While the French argue this ranking, Paris is the only city on this list that is moving backwards in the rankings. Paris is one of the more accessible cities in the world and with all of it’s offering from Museums to Art to everything cutting edge in fashion Paris is still and will always be “Paris”.
2) London – London is the top city on this list in Europe and has been number one in the past with nearly 16 million visitors each year. Like most cities on the list London just has so much to offer and from a historical perspective it is one of those places that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime.
1) Bangkok – Bangkok barely edges out London to make it to the top of this list and it is the first Asian city to ever top the list of the most traveled to cities. There is plenty to do and see in Bangkok including the Grand Palace and the vegetable and flower markets. While Bangkok has a lot of history, there is plenty of new to go with it that is part of what makes it so popular.