Best Sushi In Los Angeles - Top 7 Sushi Restaurants In Los Angeles
The Top 7 Sushi Restaurants In Los Angeles
Where To Get the Best Sushi in Los Angeles
When it comes to sushi I don't muck around. It's raw fish, I expect the best, and I look for quality over quantity every single time. California - especially Los Angeles, started the Pacific-rim sushi movement. With an abundance of talented chefs, you want to know where to start.
7. Wa Sushi: The hidden second-floor restaurant is known for combinations that are both unusual and delicious. Examples like spicy tuna sashimi with onions and avocado will blow your tastebuds away.
6. Kiwami: With exquisite plating, this hip and trendy place can do no wrong. The fish is as fresh and beautifully prepared too. With modern sushi, sashimi and beautifully small plates; the vibe is definately cool.
5. Katsu-Ya (Studio City): This is the place that stated the spicy tuna on crispy rice cakes trend. With an expansive menu, the rotating specials are equally awesome. A hidden tip that most people don’t know about is that they have a lunch special menu. You have to ask for it, but on it you will find the best full course $12 specials in town.
4. n/naka: In a field dominated by men, chef Niki Nakayama brings her A game that’s on par with the best of them. N/naka serves kaiseki , which is a type of art form that balances the taste, texture, appearance, and colors of food. Choose from two set menus using natural local ingredients.
3. Sushi Zo: Known for their speedy quick service, Keizo-san is known for serving delicately portions of fish on top of rice that mimics the body’s natural temperature. This helps the fish melt like butter in your mouth.
2. Sugar Fish: Co-owned with revered L.A. chef Nozawa, this expanding chain does minimalism best. Choose from clean, unfussy “Trust me” set menus or go a la carte. Trust me when I say pick the “Trust me” menu.
1. Urasawa: With the best fish flown in daily from around the world its no wonder dinner here is one of the most expensive in the United States. Some see it as rather extravagant, but prime excellence is what you receive. The presentation and combination of flavors is worth every penny.