The City Of Roses - Top 7 Hotels in Portland
Some of the best Hotel's in United States can be found in Portland, Oregon.
The City of Roses great accommodations are just one of the many reasons we love Portland.
A trip to Portland is always great, the open air farmers' markets, the International Rose Test Garden, the museums…there is even an amusement park. But where to stay, where to stay…? Try one of these top seven hotels to stay in style…
7. McMenamins Kennedy School - This is not your 'typical' hotel stay. No. The McMenamins Kennedy School was an old school, but it has been renovated and turned into bars, a movie theater and a hotel. The guest rooms have the original chalkboards and cloakrooms--you get free use of the 'soaking pool' and free admission to the movie theater when you stay.
6. River's Edge - This aesthetically pleasing hotel is located on the Willamette River, has a wonderful spa, and an excellent restaurant. They provide free transportation to downtown locales, they rent bikes so you can take a ride along the river--and the staff is super friendly and knowledgeable about all things Portland.
5. RiverPlace Hotel - The RiverPlace is a hip downtown hotel. They are also located on the banks of the Willamette River, allowing you some great views, and they even have goldfish bowls in the rooms for kids. Complimentary snacks, complimentary wine and beer (yes, really), complimentary bikes for guests, and free passes to the nearby gym (no dinky hotel fitness center here!).
Also check out Top 7 Travel's - Top 7 Portland Attractions
4. Hotel Vintage - This downtown hotel actually has newly renovated rooms, so do not let the name fool you. It's located in an historic building, but inside, it's all modern, shiny and new. Huge rooms, comfy beds, and if you sign up for their (free) rewards club, you can raid the minibar for 10 bucks worth of stuff, free!
3. The Nines - The Nines is an affordable luxury hotel, also located downtown. At The Nines, there are two fabulous restaurants on site, a great fitness center, free continental breakfast, and turn-down service.
2. The Heathman Hotel - The Heathman is an historic landmark. It is very elegant, and definitely a top luxury stay. They are most well known for their library, where you will find over 3,000 autographed books. They give tours of the library (with complimentary champagne). The rooms are comfy with all the accouterments, including free Wi-Fi.
1. Hotel Monaco - Hotel Monaco is everyone's favorite. It is luxury boutique at its finest. Free beer and wine, the hotel is quiet, which is always nice, and the staff is friendly. Celebrating a special occasion? Let them know, you just might get a free upgrade!