Sydney Beaches - Top 7 Sydney Beaches
The Top 7 Sydney Beaches.
Relax at what Australia is known for - sand, surf & sun.
The land Down under is known for it’s surf sun and stunning beaches, but with nearly 100 to choose from where does one start? Here’s a list of the best of what Sydney has to offer.
7. Palm Beach: Located about 45 km outside of the city center, PB is the Malibu of Sydney. With pristine sand, and salt-water lagoons, the scenic drive is worth a day trip out there. Warm waters and “celebrity spotting” are worth a lay on the beach.
6. Clovelly: Considered the best spot for city snorkeling, the calm tranquil waters offer a safe and calm experience for those who want to explore under water. Instead of a long beachfront, it’s a narrow bay between two ridges.
5. Bronte: Staring with the Bondi to Bronte walk, end up here as a smaller version to Bondi beach. With a grassy park and BBQ pits, Bronte is a festive spot especially for family fun. Up on the street there are cafes and bars if you’re looking another spot to eat.
4. Manly: Located on the opposite side of Sydney Harbor, Manly is a hip and trendy spot for that side of Sydney. Taking the ferry from Circular Quay is a must, and when arriving at Manly wharf, there’s a sign that says it all: “Five miles from the city, a million miles from care”. The surf is brilliant here, and if you can’t make it to Bondi, then this beach is for you.
3. Balmoral: For a quieter peace of mind and serenity, what Balmoral lacks in size, it gains in quality. Near Taronga zoo, it’s a quiet family spot that’s calm, relaxing and safe. You come here to relax not to party.
2. Camp Cove: Located in Watsons Bay, the beach faces westward, making it a breathtaking spot to watch the sunset. With spectacular views of Sydney, there’s also a park, pub and promenade.
1. Bondi: The most iconic of all Sydney beaches, it is number one for a reason. Location, landscape, length, and the Bondi icebergs swimming pools. The breathtaking views from the panoramic arc shaped beach are a world-class stunner. With many restrooms, cafes and bars, it is an anytime destination that is a Sydney hip and trendy must see.