Sightseeing in Northern California: Top 7 Attractions in San Francisco
Top 7 Tourist Spots in San Francisco
Things to do in San Francisco
The city of San Francisco offers a lot to visitors. From its amazing Golden Gate Bridge to the haunting Alcatraz, these attractions are not to be missed…
7) Union Square--Union Square is the place to shop! They have the best names in fashion, food and theatre. Take in a movie at San Francisco Centre or the Metreon, grab dinner after, or just come for a day of window shopping.
6) Fisherman’s Wharf--The Wharf is a great place to shop, enjoy the views, or grab a bite. Rent bikes, take a dinner cruise, go fishing, take in some nightlife, or just walk along and people watch.I think everyone who has ever been to San Francisco has checked out Fisherman's Wharf.
5) Chinatown--San Francisco has the largest Chinatown outside of Asia, and the oldest Chinatown in North America. While you're in San Francisco's Chinatown you can take pictures of the Bank of Canton, shop in the Chinese herbal shops and of course, dine!
4) Cable Cars--Everyone who visits San Francisco must ride the cable cars, which began service in 1873. Pay cash or buy tickets to ride, and take one of three routes through the city.
3) The Golden Gate Bridge-- The Golden Gate Bridge is one of the world's most amazing bridges, with its immense towers and sweeping cables. You can even walk or bike across during daylight hours.
2) North Beach--North Beach is not actually a beach, it's the city's Italian Quarter. There's an armory with unique tours, excellent restaurants, great shopping and some amazing landmarks. You can visit the Church of Saints Peter and Paul as well as Coit Tower atop Telegraph Hill.
1) Alcatraz-- All access to the island is by by ferry as Alcatraz is an Island. Head over and take a recorded cell-house tour and learn all about the prison as you explore. Definitely purchase your tickets in advance as they do regularly sell out.