Pet Vacations - Top 7 Pet Friendly Vacations
Topics: Pet Travel
Top 7 pet friendly vacations spots.
Make your next vacation extra special by taking your pet with you.
Thinking of treating yourself to a much-needed vacation but don't want to leave your furry friend in a kennel? If you have never taken your dog with you on a vacation, you are missing out, check out our following top seven pet friendly vacation destinations.
7. Sanibel Island, Florida - Beach lovers can book cottages right next to the azure waters of the Gulf of Mexico where furry friends can frolic in the waves, chase crabs, and generally recreate in the dog-friendly climate of Algiers Beach.
6. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
As one of the most pet-friendly places in the nation, Myrtle Beach is home to the great Barc Parc, where dogs have their own lake to splash and play in as well as their own drinking fountain.
5. Carmel, California - Both guests and residents of this idyllic California beach town love the fact that the beach here has no leash law.
4. Seattle, Washington - Pacific Northwest communities tend to be very pet-friendly, and the Emerald City is no exception. With abundant green spaces and off-leash parks, Seattle is a pet-lover's paradise.
Also check out our Top 7 Travel Tips for Traveling with Kids!
3. Lake Placid, New York - Long renowned as one of the best vacation choices for pets and their humans, Lake Placid is a year-round resort area that features a doggy beach for summer and lots of fresh snow for winter fun.
2. Sonoma, California - Local wineries in this area are known to be maintain pet-friendly premises, some even going so far as to donate percentages of profits to pet rescue organizations.
1. Newport, Oregon - This electric community on the Oregon coast is home to the Annual Brewers Memorial Ale Festival, which honors the now deceased former CEO of world-renowned Rogue Ales. Pet-friendly attitudes and activities abound here.