NYC Pizza - Top 7 Pizza Places in New York City 2014
The Top Seven Best Pizza Joints in NYC.
Seven best slices you don't want to miss.
Pizza has become an American staple and it varies from region to region, but no one can visit New York, whose rich pizza history sparked the country's fascination with the food, and not try the delicious dish. These are our top 7 pizzeria picks to choose from when in the New York City vicinity.
7. Roberta's: Roberta's has one of the best brick oven-fired pizzas in New York. Unfortunately, it also comes with a long line to wait for service.
6. Speedy Romeo: The pies here are cooked in a wood-burning stove. They are stacked in layers and then cut into square shaped slices. The flavors here are truly unique, including a little liquid smoke.
5. Motorino: With its bit of French and Belgium history, this unlikely success is a popular place to go. The crust boats of fluffy edges and a lightly charred bottom and other unique flavors here keep people coming back for more.
4. Patsy's Pizzeria: Opened in 1933, the history of this place has not made it go dull. It has seen the likes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin in its day and still continues to draw good attention.
3. Totonno's: This great taste sensation has been around since 1924. Cooked in a historic coal oven, these pies are a delight to the taste buds.
2. Rosario's Pizzeria: This unique pizzeria also boasts of a type of breakfast pizza called the bee sting. That's just one of several uniquely named menu options cooked up in a wood-burning oven.
1. L&B Spumoni Gardens: Sicilian style pizza with oh-so-sweet tomato sauce and delicious melted mozzarella cheese on top of a big square pie. What could be better?