Napa Wineries - Top 7 Wineries In Napa Valley
The Top 7 Wineries In Napa Valley.
Spend time visiting some of these lush wineries, sampling their best vines.
We recommend that you stay overnight in California’s Napa Valley when you tour the wineries on our Top 7 list.
7. Spottswoode Estate Vineyard & Winery: We recommend that you visit this family-owned winery, located on the edge of St. Helena, at the foot of the Mayacamas Mountains. Four wines are released every year: Field Book Syrah, Lyndenhurst Cabernet Sauvignon, Spottswoode Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc.
6. Inglenook:When you’re in Rutherford, be sure you visit Inglenook, the winery founded by a Finnish sea captain in 1879. The winery, currently owned by Francis Ford Coppola, produces Inglenook Chablis, one of the five most-selling wines in restaurants in the US.
5. Whetstone Wine Cellars: When you’re in the Napa Valley, contact the Whetstone Estate to book a private wine tasting. You’ll taste four of this family-owned winery’s Current Release wines along with Savory Rosemary Almonds.
4. Schramsberg Vineyards: Visit Schramsberg Vineyards if you like sparkling wine. The vineyard, located in Calistoga, produces sparkling wines using the same method that’s used to produce champagne in the Champagne region of France. If you have an opportunity to do so, try Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut and Schramsberg Cremant.
3. Charles Krug Winery: We suggest you visit the Charles Krug Winery in St. Helena. It’s the oldest winery in the Napa Valley and a National Historic Landmark. While you’re at a tasting at the winery, ask to sample a Cabernet Sauvignon.
2. Domaine Chandon: We suggest you include a visit to Domaine Chandon in Yountville on your winery tour. Established by Moët et Chandon in 1973, the winery is the first French-owned sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley. The traditional grapes used in the production of Champagne (Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier and Pinot noir) are used by Domaine Chandon to produce both sparkling and still wines.
1. Beaulieu Vineyard: Beaulieu has been the leading winery for more than 100 years in the development of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. You’ll have your choice of several wine tours and tastings at the winery. We recommend the Premier Tasting for Cabernet lovers. If you’re interested in the history of wine making, we suggest the Historic Tour and Barrel Tasting. Barrel tastings of two Cabernet Sauvignons are included.