Museum Reviews - Top 7 Must Visit United States Museums
The Top 7 United States Museum list.
Plan your summer vacation around one of these great US museums.
A museum doesn't just display paintings and sculpture created by artists who lived long ago. It displays many objects of lasting interest or value. Let's look at the top 7 museums in the US which children will enjoy visiting, none of which are art museums. These following museums would be great to center a vacation around.
7. Mel Fisher Maritime Museum (Key West, FL) - This museum houses the treasures salvaged from the wreck of Nuestra Senora de Atocha, a ship said to have carried the most expensive cargo ever assembled.
6. Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits (Los Angeles, CA) - The museum displays fossils found in 10,000- to 40,000-year-old tar deposits.
5. Cable Car Museum (San Francisco, CA) - This museum is where cable cars go to sleep when they're not carrying passengers in San Francisco. It's a power house and cable car barn.
4. International Spy Museum (Washington, DC) - The only museum in the US dedicated solely to espionage presents worldwide information about spying in a non-judgmental, apolitical manner.
Also Check out our Top 7 Worldwide Rankings on Museums.
3. USS Midway Museum (San Diego, CA) - The museum, a decommissioned US aircraft carrier, houses 60 exhibits throughout the ship, and more than 25 restored aircraft on the flight deck.
2. Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) - This museum has a series of fossil halls, including two dinosaur halls.
1.National September 11 Memorial Museum (New York, NY) - Scheduled to open in May 2014, the museum will serve as the country's leading institution for examining the implications of the events of September 11, 2001.