Museum Reviews - Top 7 Must Visit Museums
The Top 7 must visit Museum list.
Make it a great vacation by scheduling around one of these great museums.
Many of us love traveling because it enables us to step out of our comfort zone, to try new things, and to learn about other cultures. Visiting museums is a great way to enhance or plan your vacations. Here's the Top 7 Museums you should be visiting around the world.
7. The Metropolitan Museum of Art - New York City, New York - From classical paintings to American modern art, The Met has it all. Check out their Arms and Armor collection, or take a tour through Costume Art, where you can find Chanel or Versace.
6. National Museum of Anthropology - Mexico City, Mexico - Get up close and personal with history here. With open-air exhibits of archeological digs, reproductions of ancient temples, and priceless artifacts, you'll be feeling like Indiana Jones.
5. National World War II Museum - New Orleans, Louisiana - World War II is arguably the most important historical happening of the 20th century. Because so many of us had family members who fought in this war, we go to this museum to learn and pay homage.
4. Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - Washington DC, District of Columbia - Hard to beat airplanes, spaceships, and missiles when it comes to awesome exhibits. The Smithsonian has it all, from The Wright Brothers to Neil Armstrong.
Also check out our Top 7 Must Visit US Zoo's.
3. The Vatican Museums - Vatican City, Italy - Nothing says art more than the Sistine Chapel. You cannot help but feel overwhelmed by Michelangelo's masterpiece and by the works of Leonardo da Vinci featured here.
2. Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum - Oswiecim, Poland - It may not be the easiest trip to take, but visiting one of the prominent historical sites of the Holocaust allows us to remember the atrocities that happened and to pay our respects to those who died.
1. Musee du Louvre - Paris, France - Beautiful city, gorgeous architecture, delicious food, and a wonderfully diverse museum. See everything from the Mona Lisa, to the Glass Pyramid, to the Venus de Milo.