Los Angeles Day Trips - Top 7 Day Trips From Los Angeles
Categories: Los Angeles
Easy Breezy Day Trips From Los Angeles.
With so many wonderful destinations near by, a Day trip is a must.
There is plenty to see if you drive east, north or south from Los Angeles, or take a boat ride into the Gulf of Santa Catalina.
7. Palm Springs: If you drive 107 miles east from Los Angeles, you’ll come to Palm Springs, a desert resort city. Enjoy the VillageFest every Thursday evening on Palm Canyon Drive.
6. Santa Barbara: To see the only south-facing beach on the west coast of the US, you must drive 90 minutes north of Los Angeles to Santa Barbara. While in the city, visit Santa Barbara Mission, founded by Franciscans in 1786.
5. Catalina Island: If you want to visit a beautiful island off the coast of California, take a boat 26 miles across the sea to Santa Catalina Island. On a tour to the island's interior, you might see North American Bison, descendants of those brought to the island in 1924.
4. Laguna Beach: Laguna is a resort city and artists’ colony located 50 miles southwest of LA. Make sure you visit the artists’ studios located on Laguna Canyon Road.
3. San Diego: Driving 120 miles south from Los Angeles, will take you to San Diego, a beautiful city on the Pacific Ocean. Be sure you visit the USS Midway Museum, historic Old Town and Balboa Park.
2. Anaheim: If you’re a sports enthusiast or love theme parks, Anaheim is the city to visit. Get tickets for a game at Angel Stadium of Anaheim or the Honda Center, or spend all day at Disneyland
1. Huntington Beach (Surf City USA): You cannot visit Southern California without spending a day in Huntington Beach, known as “Surf City USA” because of its 10 miles of beaches and the most consistent waves on the West Coast.