Fun For Foodies - Top 7 Food Cities In The World
The Top 7 Food Cities In The World.
Have a culinary vacation while you are on vacation.
Themed vacations are all the rage now, and to the delight of foodies everywhere, plenty of global opportunities exist for vacation packages devoted to culinary exploration. Let's briefly explore seven wonderful options foodies will love.
7. An Alaskan Cruise: Fresh Pacific Rim cuisine prepared by world-class chefs is a hallmark of cruises to Alaska. Much of the featured fare comes directly from Alaska's commercial fishermen.
6. Napa Valley: Although primarily famous for production of excellent wines, Napa Valley is also a foodie mecca -- the world's best chefs naturally pair themselves with quality wine.
5. Rural Sicily: Some of the best food in the world is found in Trattorias located on the back roads of Sicily. Visit one once, and you'll always be family.
4. Croatia: Croatia has an outstanding culinary tradition that the rest of the world is just now beginning to discover. Fresh seafood is just one of the specialties of creative chefs.
3. Eastern European River Cruises: Now that Eastern Europe is open for business, travelers are discovering that small-ship river cruises offer an excellent culinary experience. Besides the delectable fare offered in the ship's dining room, shore excursions provide prime opportunities for culinary exploration.
2. Boulder, Colorado: Most people think that the nest reason to visit Colorado is for the skiing, but Colorado has abundant farmland that creates a paradise for locally-sourced, organic food lovers.
1. Paris: This old-school classic is still the best. Parisian cuisine has been working its magic for centuries.