Alternative NYC - Top 7 Alternative Attractions in New York City
The Top 7 Alternative Attractions in The Big Apple.
Explore another side of New York and feel like a local.
New York is a city that needs no introduction since millions of tourists flock to the Big Apple to spend their time exploring the sites in Manhattan and admiring the city's world-famous skyline. If you are the type of traveler that likes to avoid crowded attractions in typical bucket list tours, then there are plenty of alternative attractions to take you off the beaten path. Here is a list of the top 7 alternative attractions in New York City:
7. Meat Packing District: If you are looking for the most dressed up, high-fashion people in the city, then you will definitely find them in this area on a Saturday night.
6. Concerts in Central Park: Instead of doing the typical horse and carriage ride through Central Park, and alternative idea is to buy a ticket to go see a concert in Rumsey Playfield.
5. Harlem: A visit to the most famous black neighborhood in America will surely be a treat once you sample its Soul Food culinary delights. In addition, this area is famed for its music at the Apollo Theater and Lenox Lounge.
4. PS1: Formerly a public school, this location has been transformed into a large art gallery filled with progressive installation-driven work.
3. Williamsburg: This area is known as Brooklyn's most exciting neighborhood filled with artists, hipsters, and authors. It is also popular attraction for thrift shops the best vintage shopping.
2. The High Line: Located on Manhattan's West Side, this scenic mile-long linear park was designed above an unused elevated section of the New York Central railroad.
1. Water Taxi Beach: Located along the East River in Long Island city, you can enjoy a fake Sandy Beach, great drinks, beach volleyball, and a great view of the New York City skyline.